Region S1 Report - Winter 2016/2017

News from the Southern 1 Region
Deborah A. Crocker, Southern 1 Regional Director
Winter 2016/2017

I want to thank all of the NCSM members I have met for making my visits to state conferences and activities so memorable and enjoyable. The members and affiliates in Southern 1 are what make serving in the role of Regional Director so rewarding.

Many excellent opportunities for professional development were offered in the Southern I Region this past fall. I hope you were able to participate in some of them. Please let me know the events, dates, and locations of these opportunities in your states. I can make sure they are posted on the NCSM web site.

There are still more opportunities for professional learning in Southern Region I during the spring of 2017. Some of them are:

• Georgia Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (GCSM) Winter Conference February 1-3, 2017 Jekyll Island Club, Jekyll Island, GA (gcsmonline.org)
  • Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics (VCTM) Annual Conference & Banquet March 10-11, 2017 James Madison University (vctm.org)
  • North Carolina Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCCTM) Spring Leadership Seminar March 24, 2017 Greensboro, NC (ncctm.org)

Please let me know if I can help you in any way as your NCSM Regional Director. Send me information that I can include in my next web update or newsletter update. Take advantage of the opportunities for professional learning in your state or neighboring states in the spring. I hope to see some of you at the 49th NCSM Annual Conference in San Antonio, TX on April 3-5, 2017. I will e-mail information on regional caucuses and a state team leaders meeting closer to April.

Stay in touch and share the activities of your organizations with me!

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)