NCSM has been a leader in mathematics education for more than 40 years because of the educators who have chosen to network together and provide leadership. The stature of NCSM is a testimony to their invaluable individual and collective efforts. As a symbol of this connection, NCSM has established and Emeritus Membership. Individual leaders who are 65 years or older and who have been an NCSM member-in-good-standing for at least 15 years are eligible for the Emeritus NCSM Membership, available at an annual rate of $55.
Emeritus NCSM Members enjoy all the benefits, rights, and responsibilities of members in good standing:
- Complimentary quarterly issues of the NCSM Newsletter
- Complimentary semi-annual issues of the NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership
- Complimentary position papers
- Discounts on NCSM professional learning opportunities and selected publications
- A collegial network of active, passionate, committed, influential educators
- A Membership Directory
- Resources to support your leadership and information about mathematics education
- Professional influence
- Serving on committees
- Running for Board positions
- Support the NCSM mission and vision
- Volunteer your time to support mathematics education
- Work along with your regional director in pursuit of NCSM's mission and vision
Emeritus NCSM Membership
- Eligibility is a function of two conditions:
- Age (65 or older)
- The number of years as an NCSM member in good standing with NCSM (15 years or more; the years do not have to be consecutive)
- Requires confirmation of demographic
- Is not a function of retirement of any institution
- Is not transferable
- Requires an annual fee of $55
- Begins at the start of your next membership year
- Is not retroactive
- Does not generate payment of the current year's membership dues
How to Apply for Emeritus Membership
Your eligibility is reviewed and confirmed by the NCSM Membership Committee (the committee meets once a month). You will receive approval by mail. Please note: Emeritus Membership cannot be implemented or renewed online.
Print an application and mail or fax it to NCSM Office.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please contact NCSM Office.