NCTM Representative News
NCTM Delegate Assembly 2012
NCTM President J. Michael Shaughnessy presented
- Reasoning and Sense Making: Technology just released
- Digital library of Mathematical Practices prototype developed, two more clusters will be developed next year, projected launch 2014
- Math Common Core Coalition site www.mathccc.org launched early April 2012
- Linking research and practice: Research awards and emphasis and research briefs and clips
- Advocacy and outreach-Position statements in legislative platform
- Report on resolution passed 2011 related to locations for conferences conflicting with state conferences: annual sites are selected 10 years out and regional sites 5 years
- NCTM affiliate leadership circle and new affiliates recognized
- No resolutions proposed
- Leaders conference, August 3-5 in Atlanta, GA
NCTM Affiliate Leadership Circle 2012
- NCSM joins NCTM Affiliate Leadership Circle, 2012-2015 Leadership Circle PLATINUM Level Member.
- NCTM President J. Michael Shaughnessy presented our Affiliate banner and a three-year certificate of membership in the NCTM Affiliate Leadership Circle.
NCTM Consignment Bookstore 2012
- Books sold = Seventy two books sold
- $80.04 net profit = Income from sales $1370.17 - $1290.13 amount paid to NCTM for books sold
- $1898.54 additional costs = ($112-printing the flyers; $56.74 - sign; $1729.80 for draping; ?? credit card processing)
- Thank you bookstore volunteers
NCTM Booth 2012
- Contacts = many
- Memberships = 33 (24 brand new members, 6 renewed members that had lapsed, 3 renewals)
- Thank you booth volunteers
NCTM Summer Institutes 2012
- High School Institute on Reasoning and Sense Making: Grades 9-12. Los Angeles, California, July 24-26, 2012.
- 3-8 Institute on Algebra Readiness: Grades 3-8. Atlanta, Georgia, July 31-August 2, 2012.