Provincial Math Conferences and Events 2016/17
Regional News - Canada
Thank you to all who attended the NCSM Annual Conference in San Antonio, TX. I was especially pleased to see over 20 attend the Canadian Caucus.
Below are some events taking place throughout Canada. I encourage you to attend your provincial conference, and perhaps even consider hopping over to another province. Please do not hesitate to contact me, or submit a comment to this post, if you would like to let me know of other events taking place this year, or to add further details to those mentioned below. Also be sure to share the info via our new NCSM Membership Circle for the Canadian Region.
- The BCAMT (an NCSM affiliate) annual fall conference will be taking place in Burnaby this year on October 20, 2017. I am honoured to be the keynote for this year. I hope to see you there!
- The BCAMT welcomes Jo Boaler for a full day with the theme, The Mindset Revolution: Teaching Mathematics for a Growth Mindset. February 23, 2018.
Alberta: The MCATA annual conference is taking place at the River Cree Resort in Enoch, October 20-21, 2017. With its theme, A Prime Year for Mathematics, the keynote speakers are Michael Pruner from BC and Sunil Singh from Ontario.
Saskatchewan: The Saskatchewan Understands Math (SUM) Conference will be in Saskatoon, October 23-24, 2017. This year, SUM is proud to welcome keynote speakers Steve Leinwand of the American Institutes for Research and Lisa Lunney-Borden of St. Francis Xavier University, and featured presenters Kristin Gray (Cape Henlopen School District, Illustrative Mathematics), Glenn Waddell (University of Reno, Desmos Fellow), Egan Chernoff (University of Saskatchewan), and Gale Russell (University of Regina).
Manitoba: The provincial conference is on October 20 at the Steinbach Regional in Steinbach.
- The OAME 2017 Leadership Conference features a Thinking Classroom keynote by Dr. Peter Liljedahl. Its theme is Connecting Leading Ideas, and it takes place November 10, 2017, in Ottawa.
- The OMCA (an NCSM Affiliate) Retreat is February 15-16, 2017 at the Hockley Valley Resort, with keynote Peter Liljedahl.
- The Annual OAME conference is May 3-4, 2018, in Toronto, featuring keynotes by Peter Liljedahl, James Tanton, and Jo Boaler.
Quebec: The GRMS Congrès is in Drummondville, October 19-20, 2017, with the theme, Les Maths un peu beaucoup à la folie!
Nova Scotia: The MTA Annual Conference is October 27, 2017, in Bedford, with the theme, Navigating for All.