Information accurate as of 03/21/2018 -- subject to change without notice
Building Mathematics Leadership: Coaching
July 30 - August 1, 2018
Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center
Greenwood Village, Colorado (Denver Area)
For K-16 mathematics education leaders - teams and individuals
|Registration & Continental Breakfast||Workshop|
|Day 1||7:15 A.M. to 8:00 A.M.||8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.|
|Day 2||7:15 A.M. to 8:00 A.M.||8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.|
|Day 3||7:15 A.M. to 8:00 A.M.||8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.|
Building Mathematics Leadership: Coaching
Ready to make a real difference in the teaching and learning of mathematics? Do you realize that coaching is recognized as one of the most powerful ways to impact teacher growth and student learning?
If your district/school has a coaching program or is thinking about starting a coaching program; join NCSM and their coaching leaders for the NCSM Summer Leadership Academy in Colorado near the Denver Airport - July 30 to August 1, 2018.
Explore the themes and imperatives necessary for an effective Coaching program and to be an effective coach. You will receive tools and guidance in assessing where you are in your coaching journey and in the development of professional growth plans for you and/or your teams.
During the academy, participants will learn about:
- Improving your own leadership as a coach and/or as a coach of leaders;
- Using research-based resources for coaching;
- Working with teachers to establish positive, productive, and collaborative relationships;
- Engaging teachers in reflection about teaching and learning;
- Supporting the change process to encourage a culture of life-long learning;
- Developing a strategic plan to support own and/or district goals for coaching.
- Building on NCSM's 5 THEMES that permeate Coaching Programs and coaching interactions, our 3 day Academy will engage coaches and leaders as we explore the complex art of teaching and coaching.
- Brief Daily Overview
- Day 1: Defining a Vision for Mathematics Leadership through Coaching; Create relationships that promote improved instructional strategies; Understand the cyclical nature of a sustainable coaching model.
- Day 2: Pedagogy and Content of Instruction; Build your own strategic plan and add to your tool kit of professional resources and activities to share back home. Content will be differentiated by experience.
- Day 3: Explore your coaching style and practice what you have learned; Ensure equity and access in all classroom settings; Solidify your individual and team coaching goals for the upcoming school year.
Leadership Academy Features
- 18+ hours of plenary sessions for K-12 mathematics leaders
- Rich and engaging content explicitly designed for mathematics education leaders
- Practical suggestions and specific next steps for site work
- Research-based strategies for getting results
- Materials, resources, and strategies to use in your setting
- Networking among leaders from other states and countries
- Continental breakfast and lunch each day of the Academy
The 2018 NCSM Summer Leadership Academy registration is limited based on available space, but there is plenty of time to register yourself and a team.
|Colorado||Greenwood Village (Denver area)||Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center||July 30 - August 1, 2018||July 23, 2018|
NCSM academies do fill completely before deadlines, so register soon after registration opens. NCSM will accept registrations after deadlines on a space available basis and with a per person late fee.
Please contact NCSM Office (303-317-6595) to check availability. It is recommended that you not make any travel arrangements prior to determining space availability. Registration is not guaranteed until your payment is received.
EXTEND YOUR STAY!
ANOTHER CONFERENCE OPPORTUNITY: Colorado Council of Teachers of Mathematics, August 2-3
For those interested in extending your mathematics learning and networking experience, you will want to check out the Colorado Council of Teachers of Mathematics conference which will be held on August 2-3 at the University of Denver, about 15 minutes away from where the NCSM Summer Leadership Academy is located. Two conferences in one week! What a wonderful opportunity!
The CCTM conference program includes a presession workshop with Julie Aguirre (co-author of The Impact of Identity on K-8 Mathematics: Rethinking Equity-Based Practices) on Thursday, August 2; a keynote with Andrew Stadel (creator of estimation 180) on Friday, August 3; and featured speakers including Robert Q. Berry III, Eugenia Cheng, Doug Clements and Julie Sarama, and others. You can check out the Conference Program and register for the conference
Why You Should Attend:
- because you are an aspiring or seasoned mathematics coach OR a mathematics leader, department chair, teacher, supervisor or administrator; and
- because you want to lead your school and district toward student success through support of your mathematics teachers.
Bring a Team!
Teams are especially encouraged to attend, as the Academy provides an extraordinary opportunity to collaborate on site work and identify next steps for coaching goals set for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Teams of teachers and leaders will find the academy especially powerful.
- Team registration rates provide a perfect incentive for teams to attend.
- Every individual will leave inspired, motivated, and prepared for 2018-2019.
- Academy presenters will provide the guidance, time, and tools for teams (and individuals) to work together.
- While everyone will leave the academy with a plan tailored to implement change, teams will leave with a common plan they can implement together.
Register online for the Leadership Academy
Registration Payment Options
You may register online, by fax, or by mail.
You may pay for registration by check, purchase order, or credit card: MasterCard, Visa, or Discover. You may only use a check or Purchase Order if you are mailing your registration by way of the US Mail. Please note: If registering by purchase order, payment is due one week prior to the academy you plan to attend. NCSM does not accept purchase orders for membership dues.
|Colorado||by 6/30/2018||7/01/2018 to 7/23/2018||(based on availability)|
Team Rate (a team is three or more people)
**Registering After Registration Deadlines
NCSM academies do fill completely before deadlines, so register promptly. NCSM will accept registrations on a space available basis.
Please contact NCSM Office (303-317-6595) to check availability. It is recommended that you not make any travel arrangements prior to determining space availability and you secure your registration. Registration is not guaranteed until your payment is received.
You will receive an email confirmation, which will serve as a receipt, if you've included an email address in your profile. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing. Registration becomes effective only when payment is received. If you have not received your registration confirmation within a week of the academy you've registered for, call NCSM Office at (303) 317-6595.
All cancellation and refund requests must be submitted in writing to . Membership dues are not refundable. NCSM will refund Academy registration fees following the schedule below:
|80%||if requested by:||6/30/2018|
|50%||if requested from:||7/01/2018 to 7/23/2018|
|$0||if requested after:||7/23/2018|
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Tech Center
7801 East Orhard Road
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Reservations Line: (866) 698-6656
General Phone: (303) 779-6161
Fax: (303) 253-3500
|Room Rate||Room Type|
|$149||Run of House|
To make a reservation please call (866) 698-6656 and ask for the NCSM Leadership Academy group rate.
Or make your reservation online
This rate is guaranteed until Monday, July 9, 2018.
For NCSM Membership or Academy Registration Information and Questions
2851 S. Parker Rd. #1210
|Aurora, CO 80014|
|Phone||(303) 317-6595 (not a TTY number)|
NCSM Federal Tax ID: 39-1556438