The theme of the 2009 NCSM Annual Conference is: It's Prime Time-Learning and Leading Together.
The 2009 program features 7 topic strands:
- Strand 1. Equity Leadership
- Addresses issues and solutions regarding equity, opportunity and access to a relevant and meaningful learning experience for every child.
- Strand 2. Teaching and Learning Leadership
- Addresses teaching practices and instructional strategies that are consistent with research on student learning.
- Strand 3. Curriculum Leadership
- Focuses on meaningful and important mathematics in every lesson.
- Strand 4. Assessment Leadership
- Monitors student learning and adjusts teacher instruction for improved achievement for all students.
- Strand 5. Technology Leadership
- Familiarizes leaders with the latest state-of-the-art technology and models that hold promise to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Strand 6. Leadership Connecting Research & Practice
- Translates research into practice and generates practice-based issues and questions to inform research.
- Strand 7. Leading with Professional Learning
- Models professional learning and coaching communities that support high-quality development, teacher capacity, and craft knowledge.