Volunteer Now to Help with our 2020 NCSM Annual Conference
Volunteering can be used as a great vehicle to network with hundreds of educational professionals from across the country. Being a volunteer provides you the opportunity to network, to communicate, to support, and to motivate. We encourage you to strike up a conversation! We need you-the conference would not be a success without help from our members. We have many opportunities for you to volunteer during the conference. We encourage each of you to volunteer for at least one area.
- Bag Stuffing-Volunteers are needed to assist with stuffing bags on Sunday morning prior to the opening of the conference.
- Registration and Check-in- Volunteers will assist with helping pre-registered attendees pick-up their conference-related material such as name badge, program book, conference bag, and other materials.
- Volunteer Check-in-Volunteers are needed to staff the Volunteer Check-in. Duties include: Checking in volunteers, distributing volunteer T-shirts and giving instructions for location/assignment.
- NCSM Bookstore-Assist members in purchasing/ordering materials and general customer service in the bookstore.
- NCSM Membership-Assist nonmembers with their free one-year membership and members to renew their membership.
- Ticket Takers-Volunteers will be needed to assist with all ticketed sessions. This is one way to guarantee a seat for you at a ticketed session.
- Special Projects-NCSM will need other volunteers to perform special projects throughout the conference. Specific duties are yet to be determined though have included Volunteer Checkin or directing traffic at critical areas. If interested in volunteering in this category, you will be placed where the greatest need is at the time block you specify.
Whatever your reason to volunteer, please consider helping your organization at the 52nd Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois, March 30-April 1, 2020. This year we are excited to provide our volunteers with T-shirts created to honor their service. Wear them while volunteering at the conference and take them home to remember the new connections you make in Chicago.
For additional information contact Sharon Rendon, NCSM 2nd Vice President .