2011 NCSM Annual Conference
FOCUS ON STEM EDUCATION
The conference program includes a number of sessions focused on STEM-education related issues. Start your conference experience at Monday's opening session with Keynote Speaker, Karen Cator. Then choose from an array of sessions on STEM-related topics throughout the conference.
OF SPECIAL INTEREST TO EMERGING LEADERS
Are you new in your role as a leader? Are you considering becoming a mathematics leader? If you are, you're in the right place. NCSM is the organization to support your professional growth and leadership development. Wednesday's program includes a number of sessions of particular interest to emerging mathematics leaders.
- Developing Leadership in Our Mathematics Community: Identifying and Supporting Teacher Leaders
- Mathematics Specialists/Coaches and Relationships: Navigating the Slippery Slopes of Leadership
- Leadership: It Takes a Team
- How to Achieve the Vision of the NCSM PRIME Teaching and Learning Principle: From Words to Actions
DEVELOPING COACHES, DEVELOPING TEACHERS
If you are one of the many NCSM members attending the conference whose work role is that of mathematics coach, this strand is for you. Throughout the conference, you will find sessions that focus on the work of mathematics coaches. These sessions are designed to support your work with teachers and the ultimate goal of enhancing the mathematics experience of all our students.
- Addressing Difficult Issues in Coaching Conversations
- Confronting the Challenges of Working with Low Performing Schools: Some Strategies to Get Started
- Moving Beyond Typical Professional Development That Doesn't Work and Toward Effective Teacher Development (ETD) That Can Make a Real Difference
- Use Webinars to Deliver Real-Time, Interactive, Hands-on, Discovery-Based Tutoring and Professional Development
- And more!