The theme of the 2010 NCSM Annual Conference is: Charting a Course to Mathematics Leadership.
The 2010 program features 6 topic strands:
- Strand 1. Charting a Course to Equity and Access
- Addresses issues regarding helping teachers develop the knowledge and skills necessary to ensure access to meaningful mathematics and mathematics learning for every student.
- Strand 2. Charting a Course to Curriculum Leadership
- Focuses on leaders' work of developing teachers' knowledge and skills necessary to ensure relevant and meaningful mathematics in every lesson.
- Strand 3. Charting a Course to Teaching and Learning Leadership
- Addresses the knowledge and skills necessary to ensure high quality mathematics instruction that meets the needs of every student, every day.
- Strand 4. Charting a Course to Assessment Leadership
- Addresses monitoring of student learning and adjustment of teacher instruction for every student on a daily basis.
- Strand 5. Putting PRIME into Practice
- Focuses on NCSM's PRIME Leadership Framework. This document outlines adult leadership actions that ensure success for every leader, every teacher, and every student.
- Strand 6. Developing Coaches - Developing Teachers
- Provides models to support and encourage teachers in their efforts to enhance mathematics teaching and learning in their classrooms.