Call for Manuscripts
The editors of the NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership (JMEL) are interested in manuscripts addressing issues of leadership in mathematics education which are aligned with the NCSM Vision.
The editors are particularly interested in manuscripts that bridge research to practice in mathematics education leadership. Manuscripts should be relevant to our members' roles as leaders in mathematics education, and implications of the manuscript for leaders in mathematics education should be significant. At least one author of the manuscript must be a current member of NCSM.
Categories for submissions include:
- Case studies and lessons learned from mathematics education leadership in schools, districts, states, regions, or provinces
- Research reports with implications for mathematics education leaders
- Professional development efforts including how these efforts are situated in the larger context of professional development and implications for leadership practice
- Other categories that support the NCSM vision will also be considered.
Each manuscript will be reviewed by two volunteer reviewers and a member of the editorial panel.
Manuscripts should be emailed to the Journal Editor, currently Carolyn Briles, at .
Submissions should follow the most current edition of APA style and include:
- A Word file (.docx) with author information (name, title, institution, address, phone, email) and an abstract (maximum of 120 words) followed by the body of the manuscript (maximum of 12,000 words)
- A blinded Word file (.docx) as above but with author information and all references to authors removed.
NCSM is the premiere mathematics education leadership organization. Our bold leadership in the mathematics education community develops vision, ensures support, and guarantees that all students engage in equitable, high quality mathematical experiences that lead to powerful, flexible uses of mathematical understanding to affect their lives and to improve the world.
Deadlines for Submissions
Fall 2019 NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership: July 1, 2019
Spring 2020 NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership: January 1, 2020
Inquiries about and materials for the NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership may be sent to the NCSM Journal Editor.
Other NCSM inquiries may be addressed to:
National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics
Dorothy Shadrick, NCSM Board and Executive Staff Liaison
2851 S. Parker Rd. #1210
Aurora, CO 80014
Phone: (303) 317-6595
Fax: (303) 200-7099