Mathematics Student Recognition Program
The Mathematics Student Recognition Program was created to provide a means for honoring students for outstanding achievement in the study of mathematics. NCSM members may obtain award certificates by contacting NCSM. Please see the contact information at the bottom of the page and indicate the number of award certificates needed along with the name of the school(s).
The Mathematics Student Recognition Program is a service of NCSM that is provided to NCSM members in good standing only. Join NCSM here.
Terms and Conditions
- School Eligibility:
All public, parochial, and private schools that have at least one NCSM member in the school district.
- Student Qualifications (to be reviewed in the second semester of the year):
Student Qualifications (to be reviewed in the second semester of the year): Students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in mathematics in their graduating class or grade level.
- Selection Committee Design:
1) At least one NCSM member (or designee assigned by the NCSM member); 2) School principal (or designee assigned by the principal); 3) Guidance counselor or teacher assigned by the principal; 4) Chairperson of the Mathematics Department or Grade-Level Teacher Leader.
- Cost to the School or School District:
Framing of the certificate and lettering of the certificate. NCSM will furnish, without charge, a certificate for each awardee signed by the NCSM member.
- Number of Award Certificates:
The number of award certificates should not exceed two per year per graduating class or grade level.
- Presentation of Award Certificates:
The award certificates should be given by the NCSM member, NCSM Regional Director, or member of the NCSM Board of Directors when possible. The certificate should be given in the spring, preferably during an awards program when parents are present.
Current NCSM members may obtain award certificates by contacting:
2851 S. Parker Rd. #1210
Aurora, CO 80014
Phone: (303) 317-6595
Fax: (303) 200-7099
Please indicate the number of schools, actual grade level(s), and the number of certificates needed per grade level/class. To ensure delivery in time for end of the year activities, order one month prior to awarding the certificates.