NCSM Mission Statement
NCSM is a mathematics education leadership organization that equips and empowers a diverse education community to engage in leadership that supports, sustains, and inspires high quality mathematics teaching and learning every day for each and every learner.
NCSM Vision Statement
NCSM is the premiere mathematics education leadership organization. Our bold leadership in the mathematics education community develops vision, ensures support, and guarantees that all students engage in equitable, high-quality mathematical experiences that lead to powerful, flexible uses of mathematical understanding to affect their lives and to improve the world.
High quality leadership is vital to this vision. NCSM is committed to:
Developing and Informing Vision
- Provide leadership to influence issues and policies affecting mathematics education in ways consistent with the mission and vision of NCSM;
- Equip leaders to be critical consumers of educational information, research, and policy to become change agents in their communities;
- Support leaders to develop an actionable vision of mathematics instruction consistent with a view of mathematics as a sense-making endeavor.
Ensuring Support to All Stakeholders
- Develop networking and communication opportunities that connect the mathematics education community, as well as the broader education community;
- Equip leaders with the tools to create and sustain systems that fully align with the vision of mathematics and mathematics instruction promoted by NCSM;
- Equip leaders with the understanding, knowledge, and skills to continue their own personal growth, support emerging leaders, and further develop excellence in mathematics teaching.
Guaranteeing All Students Engage in Equitable, High-Quality Mathematical Experiences
- Provide advocacy and support regarding issues and policies affecting mathematics education in ways consistent with the mission and vision of NCSM;
- Provide resources for implementation of research-informed instruction to ensure students engage in relevant and meaningful learning experiences that promote mathematics as a sense-making endeavor;
- Advocate for each and every student to have access to rigorous mathematics that develops their understanding, skills, and knowledge, along with the confidence to leverage their learning, in order to improve their world.
Sponsorship with NCSM
Sponsorship provides NCSM the ability to continue to support our education leaders. NCSM’s annual conferences, leadership academies, winter and fall seminars, and Bold Leadership Summit are the premier leadership events. Engage directly with more than 3,000 mathematics leaders and take advantage of marketing opportunities that bring you face-to-face with top-level professionals in the math education marketplace. Promotional opportunities include:
- Exhibit booths
- Sponsor Workshops
- Program book ads
- Publication ads
- Digital advertising
- Email lists rentals
Sponsors, take advantage of our most comprehensive partnership options, which include a myriad of opportunities to maximize your brand’s exposure and leverage deep connections within the mathematics leadership community.
NCSM welcomes sponsor partnership from all interested companies and organizations that share our vision for mathematics education. Sponsors who reach a certain level of contribution become an NCSM Elite Sponsor. We have a variety of opportunities for you to partner with our organization, please select an opportunity below to get description of the commitment.
To purchase any of the annual event sponsor opportunities visit the NCSM Sponsor Prospectus (currently updating for 2022 – coming soon). Contact the sponsor liaisons Tom Stricklin or Sheila Holt for further information.
Sponsor Levels for NCSM
NCSM has received tremendous support from a variety of sponsors over the years. These contributions play an important role in NCSM’s ability to provide high quality professional growth opportunities, service, and products to NCSM members.
NCSM has four elite levels of sponsorship: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Each elite level has benefits which are described on this site.
Elite Status sponsors have many benefits that are not available to all. Some have financial advantages and others allow early/exclusive selections. Elite Status not only gets you some great deals, it also gives you first choice on many of the opportunities NCSM offers. Booth space is offered to elite sponsors first.
Elite status is determined from the sponsor commitment made by your company for the NCSM fiscal year (July 1st – June 30th). On July 1, your contribution for the fiscal year begins at zero because there are no “rollovers”.
The contributions made during the fiscal year determines the elite status for the year. NCSM recognizes contributions you make during the same fiscal year of your contribution.