The editors of the NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership (JMEL) are interested
The editors are particularly interested in manuscripts that bridge research to practice in
mathematics education leadership. Manuscripts should be relevant to our members’ roles as
leaders in mathematics education, and implications of the manuscript for leaders in mathematics
education should be significant. At least one author of the manuscript must be a current member
Categories for submissions include:
- Case studies and lessons learned from mathematics education leadership in schools, districts, states, regions, or provinces
- Research reports with implications for mathematics education leaders
- Professional development efforts including how these efforts are situated in the larger context of professional development and implications for leadership practice
- Other categories that support the NCSM vision will also be considered.
Each manuscript will be reviewed by two volunteer reviewers and a member of the editorial
panel. Manuscripts should be emailed to the Journal Editors, currently Drs. Brian Buckhalter and
Erin Lehmann, at .
Submissions should follow the most current edition of APA style and include:
A Word file(.docx) with author information (name, title, institution, address, phone, email)
and an abstract (maximum of 120 words) followed by the body of the manuscript (maximum of
- A Word file(.docx) with author information (name, title, institution, address, phone, email) and an abstract (maximum of 120 words) followed by the body of the manuscript (maximum of 12,000 words)
- Ablinded Word file (.docx) as above but with author information and all references to authors removed.
NCSM is the premiere mathematics education leadership organization. Our bold leadership in the mathematics education community develops vision, ensures support, and guarantees that all students engage in equitable, high quality mathematical experiences that lead to powerful, flexible uses of mathematical understanding to affect their lives and to improve the world.
Deadlines for Submissions
Spring 2021 NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership: January 1, 2021
Fall 2021 NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership: July 1, 2021
Inquiries about and materials for the NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership may be sent to the NCSM Journal Editor.
Other NCSM inquiries may be addressed to: