The editors of the NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership (JMEL) are interested
NCSM’s Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership connects current research to practice on topics related to mathematics education leadership.
Article topics include the following:
- Empirical case studies and lessons learned from mathematics education leadership in schools, districts, states, regions, or provinces;
- Empirical research reports with implications for mathematics education leaders;
- Professional development efforts including how these efforts are situated in the larger context of professional development and implications for leadership practice; and
- Program descriptions of leadership-focused implementation of core practices.
Each manuscript will be reviewed by two volunteer reviewers and a member of the editorial panel. Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal editors using the following form.
Submissions should follow the most current edition of APA style and include:
- A Word file(.docx) with author information (name, title, institution, address, phone, email) and an abstract (maximum of 120 words) followed by the body of the manuscript (maximum of 12,000 words)
- A blinded Word file (.docx) as above but with author information and all references to authors removed.
- Upon manuscript acceptance, at least one author must be a current NCSM member.
NCSM is the premiere mathematics education leadership organization. Our bold leadership in the mathematics education community develops vision, ensures support, and guarantees that all students engage in equitable, high quality mathematical experiences that lead to powerful, flexible uses of mathematical understanding to affect their lives and to improve the world.
Deadlines for Submissions
Fall 2022 NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership: July 1, 2023
Spring 2023 NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership: January 1, 2023
Inquiries about and materials for the NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership may be sent to the NCSM Journal Editor.
Other NCSM inquiries may be addressed to: