Information accurate as of 05/18/2017 -- subject to change
Mathematics Leadership in a Time of Change:
November 29, 2017
Leading for Equity and Social Justice in Mathematics
If you only have one day to spare for your professional growth, spend a day with NCSM.
Seminar presenters actively engage participants and guide them through adaptable research-informed practices, strategies, models, and concepts that effective mathematics education leaders need to know and integrate into their work. Leave the seminar with practical and inspired ideas and actions that will prepare you to lead and support others throughout the year.
Fall Seminar Features
- Rich and engaging content explicitly designed for mathematics education leaders
- Practical suggestions and specific next steps for site work
- Research-based strategies for getting results
- Materials, resources, and strategies to use in your setting
- Networking among leaders from other states and countries
- Continental breakfast (St. Louis) and lunch the day of the Seminar
- Continental breakfast and lunch the day of the Seminar
We invite you to join us as mathematics leaders striving to lead in a time of change and to create an impact on the development of the effectiveness of mathematics teachers.
The 2016 NCSM Fall Seminar registration is limited based on available space, but there is still time to register yourself and a team.
November 29, 2017
Why You Should Attend:
- because you are an aspiring or seasoned mathematics education leader, department chair, teacher, coach, supervisor or administrator; and
- because you want to lead your school and district toward student success by ensuring high expectations and access to meaningful mathematics learning for every student.
- Leadership for equity requires action to remove barriers and provide all students with access to rigorous, meaningful curriculum taught by highly effective teachers. Toward this end, mathematics education leaders must have a clear, shared vision of mathematics teaching and learning that embraces high achievement for all students. The leader must recognize and support beliefs and mindsets of adults and students such that each and every student has opportunities and support to learn mathematics.
Bring a Team!
Teams are especially encouraged to attend, as the seminar provides an extraordinary opportunity to collaborate on site work and identify next steps for goals set for the school year.
- Teams of teachers and leaders will find the seminar especially powerful.
- Every individual will leave inspired, motivated, and prepared for the work of the school year.
- Seminar presenters will provide the guidance, time, and tools for teams (and individuals) to work together.
Registration will be available at a later date.
Housing recommendations will be made at a later date.
For NCSM Membership or Seminar Registration Information and Questions
2851 S. Parker Rd. #1210
|Aurora, CO 80014|
|Phone||(303) 317-6595 (not a TTY number)|
For Housing Information and Questions
Contact your hotel directly.
For All Other Matters
Patricia (Pat) Baltzley, or Jacqueline Palmquist, Fall Seminar Series Directors
Connie Schrock, NCSM President: