The Florida Association of Mathematics Supervisors (FAMS) exists to:
- Promote effectiveness in the supervision, coordination, and teaching of mathematics through such activities as:
- Assuming leadership for coordinating and implementing the mathematics programs throughout the state of Florida.
- Supporting and supplementing the work of the State Department of Education, the Florida Council of Teachers of Mathematics (FCTM), the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), and NCSM.
- Publishing and disseminating pertinent materials.
- Promote and effect research and experimentation for the improvement of mathematics curricula.
- Offer its members an opportunity to act as a professional group in matters pertaining to mathematics education in Florida.